Monday 7 June 2010

Blogger virgin...

Hello interweb! I am about to leave my blogger virginity behind and enter the world of complete technological competence. Well...sort of. Anyway, where to begin dear followers? ( I have none yet, but hopefully that will change! ) Perhaps, with the latest book that I have read...I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk. Okay, I know what you're thinking, chick lit...yes, I know...I am always dubious when stepping into this genre...but I am SOOO glad that I did! It follows complete Bridget Jones esque heroine, Angela Clark, who after getting her heartbroken at her best friend's wedding, she runs away to New York (because, well, where else would you go to reinvent yourself and become a free, sassy and single woman?!) Where she makes friends with some fabulous people, starts dating two hotties and gets a fabulous job as a blogger (see the comparisons?) for The Look magazine. It is a simple plot line, with deliciously romantic complications, but the book instantly makes you want to run away to New York (I know I have thought of NOTHING else, literally, since I finished the book...) There is something just so refreshing about NYC. It appears like the city could completely transform you, rejuvenate you, that you could literally become a new person - is there any other city that honestly makes you feel this way? Except, possibly London...(which is the closest thing I have...) I pray with all my might that I will make my way to the shiny Big Apple some day...Please? Anyway,here is the cover of I Heart New York, because I don't know about you, (and yes it's wrong...) but I normally go by book cover...come on, it is pretty...

No comments:

Post a Comment