Thursday 10 February 2011

Bonjour mon amour...

You know what I've always wondered? What is it about Europeans - I know we are technically European, but our way of life doesn't really match the title - they are so glamorous, it hurts my face too look directly at the people of such countries, like France and Italy in particular.

When I went on holiday with my Mother to Sicily, the true glamour, style and poise of the people around me is astounding. These people love life; they love food, wine, pleasure, family (not in a crazy Godfather way..obviously..ahem). Then in France, the style is flawless, everyone looks immaculate - even with disheveled hair and make up, how annoying! It just makes me wish that I lived somewhere like that, I'm not presuming my problems would disappear, but I adore the slow pace of life, the culture and the food.

It is the sense of style I perhaps admire the most, a certain air of confidence about Europeans that is so inspiring and so desperately sexy, of course. This is why I'm learning Italian, and why I wish to do a Grand Tour of Italy as soon as I'm finished with University. I don't know what exactly attracts my soul there so much, perhaps it feels as though the country brings out the best in me, its like stepping through time into a place more romantic and magical then any other place on earth.

So, in celebration of my love for the Europeans, here are my favourites...Enjoy!



I swear upon my very life, though this is a fictional BBC crime drama 'Zen', it is illegal for people to be that attractive. Could this picture be any sexier? It's not even the way they look (well, it is a bit..)but its mainly their characteristics, their confidence in this picture that make them look like true Italians. Yum-my.



Ahh, of course. What blog about the glamour of Europe could be complete without the wonderful Juliette Binoche. She acts, she paints, she dances. She can do everything, flawlessly. 'Chocolat' in particular, she's feisty and perfectly lovely in her full skirts and beautiful patent red heels. Stunning Juliette!



Sophia Loren has always said she owes her looks and figure to Pasta. My love for this lady has grown in miles from this. Bella Sophia! Still foxy even as an OAP.



Again, who can do a list of glamorous Europeans without Miss Audrey Tatou? 'Amelie', 'Priceless' and the list goes on...she holds herself like Hepburn, but she smokes on screen. She is also so beautiful in the Chanel No.5 advert, I fear that if I look upon her for too long, I may go blind. Plus, she has played Coco Chanel, who could become more glamorous then that?




Okay, I'm cheating a bit. He's Brazillian descent...but, his Father is Italian, so I'm keeping him in the list! He is one of the most beautiful Men I have had the pleasure of laying eyes upon. Plus, he was in Baz Luhrmann's Chanel No.5 Advert, which is one of the most stunning I've ever seen. Everything he touches becomes gorgeous!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my mini list of European Loves...Stay tuned for more pictures of beautiful things...

1 comment:

  1. The look nice, Miss Gee, but I bet they're not as funny as you. And funny is sexy.

    ReplyDelete