Saturday 12 February 2011

Don't be a drag, be a Queen...

As per usual, Lady Gaga once again shares her eternal wisdom with the world - even if her latest single sounds like Express yourself by Madonna, let's face it Madge has done it all before. But this line from Gaga's song, has got me thinking...

Drag Queens. There is something truly magnificent about the way they are far more female then I could ever be - don't worry, this isn't a revelation about me being a man. More about the fact that they channel every feminine aspect of body language perfectly. That and the drama; the total O.T.T performance that these ladies give the world. I literally love it so much - and I am a bit jealous.

Perhaps the most famous (in my eyes at least) of all the Queens, probably feature in Priscilla Queen of the Desert:



Ahh. I'm in love with Drag Queens. This film is so hilarious, and yet tactful in terms of its handling of gay stereotypes, and opinions of not only homosexuals, but of people who are different in general. It is so inspiring to see that they embrace their individuality, particularly where Tick is accepted by his 10 year old son as a gay Drag Queen. Simply wonderful. I think as performers, Drag Queens are seriously underrated and are so much fun to see! Plus, they do have the best makeup EVER...

No comments:

Post a Comment